The aim of the Thematic Working Groups (TWG) is to provide a platform for researchers and practitioners to exchange information and discuss ideas and experiences on topics related to Ecosystem Services Assessment and make that information available to a wider community of users.
Activities of Thematic Working Groups
- Collect, synthesize and exchange information on the WG Themes to advance both the science and application on that topic, among others through the ESP website
- Stimulate collaboration between the main organizations on the WG Theme, thereby strengthening the role of ESP as a Network organization.
- Organize workshops during ESP-conferences , or other events, on topics of interest to the Working Group and facilitate discussion groups on the internet.
- Stimulate (joint) publications on the output of the working group and develop guidelines for Ecosystem Services Assessment.
- Contribute to international assessments e.g. TEEB National studies, Sub Global Assessment (follow-up MA), IPBES.
Actual activities can and should be specified for each separate Working Group.
- You can contact or join a Thematic Working Group by sending an email to the TWG Supporting person(s) of the working group of your interest.
- Remember to create an ESP website user account and inform the Working Group support team (see the different WG pages) to add you to the specific Working Group team of your choice.
- Use your ESP user account to logon to the website. This enables you to subscribe to the pages of Working Groups to stay updated.
- If you are interested to initiate another Thematic Working Group please contact Dolf de Groot.
The following Thematic Working Groups are currently active
- 1. Ecosystem Services Assessment Frameworks & Typologies
- 2. Biodiversity & Ecosystem Functioning
- 3. Ecosystem Services Indicators
- 4. Mapping Ecosystem Services
- 5. Modeling Ecosystem Services
- 6. Valuation of Ecosystem Services
- 6A. Cultural Services & Values
- 6B. Ecosystem Services and Public Health
- 6C. Economic and Monetary Valuation
- 7. Assessment in trade-off analysis and project evaluation
- 8. ES and Disaster Risk Reduction
- 9. Application of ES in Planning & Management
- 9A. Restoring ecosystems and their services
- 10. Co-investment and reward mechanisms for ES
- 11. ES accounting (& greening the economy)
- 12. Governance and Institutional aspects