Regional chapters & National networks
Regional Chapters & National Networks aim to provide a Platform to exchange information and experiences with Ecosystem Services Assessment and Implementation at the Regional and National level.
Currently we distinguish nine Regions:
- North America
- Central America & Caribbean
- South America
- Europe & Russia
- Middle-east & W.Asia
- Central Asia including China
- South-East Asia
These regions are not ‘cast in stone’ and over time we may use another division. Those regions highlighted in blue have a hyperlink to that Regions’ home page where you can also find information about the active National Networks within that region. Below are some first suggestions regarding the main objectives and activities of Regional Chapters and National Networks. Suggestions for improvement are very welcome and of course each Chapter or National Network can specify this further.
Main objectives and activities of Regional ESP Chapters
- Provide a focal point for ESP members within a Region and serve as the link with the International ESP community
- Provide support and advice for people interested to create National Networks
- Help with organizing the International ESP-conference which will be held in a different Region each year
Main objectives and activities of National ESP Networks
- Provide a focal point for ESP members at the national level, in their national language
- Organise meetings and conferences of interest to the National ESP members
- Support the implementation of ES science and Practice at national and local level (eg. by contributing to National TEEB studies, advice with establishment of case study sites, etc)
If you are interested to become active in coordinating a Regional Chapter or setting up a National Network please contact Dolf de Groot.