The Foundation for Sustainable Development (FSD) is looking for an intern who will support us with the organisation of the upcoming Ecosystem Services Partnership (ESP) conferences, and maintaining the ESP website. Additionally, the candidate will participate in a project on ecosystem services from a content perspective.
The position is based in Wageningen.
This internship is suited for an MSc academic internship.
ESP will organize the ESP 10th World Conference in 2019. As an intern, you will support our team with the conference organisation. Your main tasks will include preparing important conference materials, communication with delegates, updating the conference websites and other related tasks.
Previous interns have always enjoyed working on the ESP conferences. It has provided them with valuable skills and network for their future career.
ESP web management
The ESP website is in constant development. We weekly add news items, vacancies and upcoming events, and often update our other pages. As an intern, you will help with all activities above. This gives you the opportunity to gain experience with the widely used CMS WordPress and also to gain skills in crafting news worthy texts.
Ecosystem Services projects
FSD is always involved in projects on ecosystem services. Those can be small internal or large international projects. Interns usually get assignments in one of those projects. Possible activities:
- A literature review on a certain topic;
- Developing or completing a database;
- Help with writing reports;
- Communication with project partners
- Help with analyses
- Develop and analyze online questionnaires
Required knowledge and skills
- Languages: English
- Education level: MSc student
- Good textual communicative skills
- Advanced level of understanding of Word, Excel, Outlook and Power point
- Able to work independently and proactively
What we offer
- Opportunity to get experience with conference organisation and web communication.
- Opportunity to learn more about ecosystem services and ecosystem management.
- Work in a dynamic working environment at a small NGO.
- A remuneration of € 150, – per month based on a 40 hours workweek.
We are now hiring interns for coming fall, starting by the end of July. Internship time and weekly hours are open for discussion, but we prefer someone who can work at least 4 days a week for at least 3 months.
More information and application
- Visit our website fsd.nl for more information about FSD and its projects.
- Contact us for more information about the position.
- If you are interested in this internship, send us a short motivation email and resume by email.
About the Foundation for Sustainable Development (FSD)
FSD supports the conservation and sustainable use of natural ecosystems through building knowledge and stimulating awareness of the ways in which people depend on nature. FSD gives advice and deploys activities across four main thematic areas: 1) Ecosystem Assessment & Nature Valuation, 2) Biodiversity & Climate Change, 3) Communication & Capacity Building, and 4) Ecosystem Management & Restoration. FSD has carried out over 60 projects since 1992 and is involved in a range of on-going projects and initiatives.
Visit the about section for more information.
Ecosystem Service Partnership (ESP)
ESP is a network organisation that connects researchers, policymakers and practitioners working towards a better understanding and application of the concept of ‘ecosystem services’ to NGOs, environmental agencies, educators, policymakers, politicians, and the general public. Its main aim is to implement best practices for managing ecosystem services and maintain and enhance our Natural Capital. ESP hosts around 40 biome, thematic and sectoral working groups; 10 regional chapters and 50 national networks. Those groups are key in the organization of ESP as a platform for ecosystem services science, policy and practical application.
For more information on ESP, please see www.es-partnership.org.